Sunday, February 12, 2006

Winter Wonderland

Park Ave at 89th St, 2:30 PM

27 inches of snow! Biggest snowfall on record! WOO! After a leisurely morning of coffee and homemade bluberry pancakes, my boyfriend and I braced the blizzard to check out the snowfall and swing by his pad across town to pick up few things. It was boo-tiful!

I will be hating trudging through the gray disgusting slush and trying to avoid corner lakes the size of my pond back home, but there is nothing I love more than NY covered in snow. It's quiet and everyone's out enjoying it, and there's barely any traffic and it's just slow and wonderful.

I will be cursing it tomorrow, but today, I was so happy, I just pounced into a pile of snow. I wanted to make a snow angel, but thought that might be too much. I definitely made sure to avoid the yellow stuff.

1 comment:

cassiesq said...

It even snowed in the ATL! Just flurries, thought maybe it was just someone working in the cotton fields, but nope, real snow!