Sunday, March 23, 2008

Attention, Drivers

Just a refresher, drivers, for those of you who are too preoccupied to pay attention anymore. Left lane is for passing. Right lane is for driving.

Again, LEFT LANE, PASSING. Meaning, you should NOT (and especially if you are driving less than 10 mph over the speed limit) drive along in it like it's your own personal lane. You should refrain to use it solely so you can chatter away on your cell phone without having to think about passing on the left. I remember taking drivers ed and sitting in a classroom for several hours, 3 times a week, including Saturdays, for 2 weeks or a month. Granted, maybe I was one of the few who actually paid attention. But that's a credit, since I am an excellent driver, an aware driver, a driver you need on the road to watch out for all the idiots who have no idea what they're doing. NOTE: I scored a 99% on my written test, only missed one. Holla.

Having driven more than 1600 miles in the past 3 weeks (to and fro Chicago and Detroit for job interviews and apartment searching), I have witnessed the horrible driving skills of Americans. Yet another thing to be disgraced with about my country. Add it to the list.

2 comments:

cassiesq said...

Try it in Atlanta! I have been putting 1000 miles a week on my car, I completely understand! These folks down here are stupid. Plus, with today's technology, I just don't understand why everyone doesn't have a hands free headset. There's just no excuse!

Anonymous said...

I thought hogging the right lane was a Jersey thing. It is comforting (in a sick way) to know it is a countrywide annoyance.

Group hug! xoxo Spags