Tuesday, December 18, 2007

QVC

Lately, I have been flipping through the 5 or so TV shopping channels that are at the beginning of the channel lineup these days. This was the predecessor to internet shopping. Now, having worked in the book biz, we like these shows - they still sell a crapload of books. Who's buying, who knows? I don't know how you can even watch these channels for more than a minute because they stuff they sell is some of the most hideous garbage I have EVER seen.

Ok, to their credit, there is some decent stuff for sale. The skin care lines and make-up lines seem to be doing well. And at least it's name brand stuff. But who thinks the jewelry is attractive? The clothing? It looks old-ladylike and costume-y. Maybe it's just because I'm over gold jewelry. But the combinations of stones they put together...they must be designed by someone who's color-blind.

This is what my life has bubbled down to. Blogging about QVC. Yikes.

No comments: