Thursday, February 07, 2008

The election plot thickens

So Romney's out. Huh. Now unless Huckabee blows ahead in some crazy blaze of scary insanity, I could actually tolerate having McCain in office. I won't vote for him, and am still pretty turned off by his move to the evil bedsheets of our current president, after said President royally screwed him over in the 2000 GOP nom, but IF he happened to be elected, it definitely would not be the worst Republican that could be in the White House. He is moderate on many issues, and has done some good things in his tenure in the Senate. He also fought in Vietnam and was imprisoned and tortured as a result, and I'm all for anyone with an actual service background (at least in the GOP), who didn't try to get out of actual fighting with the help of his powerful father.

However, I will vote democratically, but am very down the middle as to which candidate I prefer at the moment. Since I'm no longer living in NY and was only a registered party member there, my vote won't count in the primary this year, which is fine. I'm actually so firmly against the primary/electoral college/delegate process, maybe I should register as an independent from now on anyway.

So, I've kind of passed my civic buck at the moment, not voting in a primary. But whichever Dem is on the ballot in November gets my tick.

I'm just saying, in a worst-case scenario for me, as a democratic voter, McCain is not the scariest option (thank goodness Rudy is out. Yikes.).

I'm just waiting for Bloomberg for Prez. Then we'll talk.

No comments: