Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow - close 'er down

I'm officially sick of winter in the suburbs. It makes me realize that I must live somewhere you can walk around where sidewalks are shoveled and commerce can be had easily when bad weather rolls in.

I've been housebound for two days this week, meaning I did not leave to work out, or do anything. It's just not worth the hassle to try and drive around, especially when the temps have been in the teens and 20s and the ice on top of the snow is treacherous. And our street is the last one in the city to get plowed. Luckily I work from home, so this has not affected my livelihood (although Yahoo! did the other day. To their partial credit, they fixed it, but that was scary).

I'm jonesin' for some Szechaun chicken for lunch today, and it just won't happen. The place is too far, and the only thing that can be delivered around here is pizza. And, sorry Domino's, I don't want it.

I do, however, enjoy the mob mentality at the grocery stores the day before a big storm. It's like Armageddon....the shelves are wiped clean. It feels like you wake up in Whoville on Christmas morning ("...The Grinch even took the last can of Who-Hash").

Also, I miss you, NYC, because you never let a little nor'easter get you down. And if you did, you slapped on your snow boots and walked to the park. There is definitely something to be said about underground transportation as well.

Please spring. Come soon.

No comments: