Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Michael Pollan is the Smartest Man Alive

And this, my friends, is why I made the decision to eat as little meat as possible. Michael Pollan opened my eyes. He is my guru. Try to read The Omnivore's Dilemma and NOT change. I dare you.

No matter how green you are, if you eat meat like the average American (190 lbs a year, according to the above article, ick!), you're contributing to global warming. I'll go hug a tree while you try and shop at your local farmer's market.

I made veggie chili 2 weeks ago consisting of come canned tomatoes and sauce, and 10 other veggies fresh from the farmer's market. I have to say, it's probably the tastiest chili I've ever had. I'm not a strict vegatarian. But I do limit myself...and would rather eat a slice of bacon or piece of chicken when it comes from a locally-raised source.

No comments: