Sunday, October 05, 2008

Peer pressure made me post

I got a few jabs this weekend from the Kopelmans at my lack of posting, so I've been kicking a few things around in the ol' noodle for a bit. In no particular order:

1) I saw a dude riding a bike and smoking a cigarette. The ash was about 4 inches long. That can't be an enjoyable way to smoke, but I guess that guy was desperate for some nicotine. I don't know if this is worse or better than those bikers on cell phones. Bikers plural. I want to toss a stick into their spokes. Do they realize how douchey they look?

2) Today waiting for the bus, I saw a rather elderly lady who was dressed to the nines in her wool hat with brim, sharp tweed jacket and....leather pants. Yes, folks, an easily 70+ year-old-lady in leather pants. On Michigan Ave. Also waiting for the bus.

3) I think ugly freaky people are the new black. They're everywhere. I'm sick of them.

4) I'm turning into an old person sooner than I thought. I prefer low-sodium foods now, especially Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper soup. mmmmm.

5) What is with that crazy-ass wiry black hair that grows out of the middle of my neck? It usually comes out of hiding once every 2 months, but one day it's not there, and the next day it's about 6 inches long. Where does it come from? Does it grow internally and break through the skin? Is my esophagus hairy?

6) Entourage has jumped the shark. However, thank god for Mad Men and Little Britain USA. It's brought Sunday night back to a happy time.

7) I love yoga. It's amazing. And I have arm definition again because of it. Woo!

Discuss.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Welcome back, Heather!! Glad our peer pressure worked. #5 has me laughing out loud in my cube, and re: #4, yummy, I love it too! Hope your market-fresh veggie chili is delish and it was so great to see you this weekend!

Franalicious said...

I've been subject to the same peer pressure with my blog! I feel for ya Bac-O!

Oh yeah and I think your neck hair is trying to reach out and touch mine in a Neil Diamond sorta way.