Friday, February 18, 2005

My first post

Wow. This is a red letter day in the land of me. Friends call me Bacon. Foes know better. A wealth of possibilites abound in cyberspace as to what I can write about. Since I have been a slacker and have been talking about creating this damn easy thing for about 3 months, I have finally convinced myself of it's simplicity and away we go. Come fly with me....

Hmmm, I sit here and have attempted two thoughts already, and I'm just not feelin' 'em. This is momentous. I want to write something earth-chattering, life-changing, something that will make the 4 of you reading this cry out to the eaves and sing my praises. Alas, it's Friday. I have work to do.

So I'm instead going to praise a great thing. A smoked, cured meat. Prociutto it ain't. I'm talking good, ol' fashioned BACON. This is my nickname. It's not because I'm a fatty or some disgusting person who ingests a pound of bacon daily. I like the taste, I'll admit it. I like it on burgers and turkey sandiwiches. It's great with pancakes or on an egg and cheese. But I was lovingly given Bacon as my nickname for the sole purpose of begging a Johnny Rockets waitress to slap some bits on cheese fries (DISCLAIMER: It was late. I'd been drinking. It should also be noted that I ordered the first thing on the menu because I thought it would be the biggest. I then ate it slathered in ketchup. )

So there you have it. I will refer to Bacon often, both as myself and as a meaty treat that's enjoyable when ingested in moderation. Enjoy Bacon, folks. Life is just too damn short.

No comments: