Wednesday, November 15, 2006

American Un-Idol

On what was destined to just be one of those awful commutes this morning, where everything was running slow and stupid, of course I had to deal with the world's most confident bad singer.

After waiting for 3 packed trains before finally boarding, I was lucky enough to be just a few seats away from a teenager who clearly thinks he is the next American Idol, since he did not stop singing for the entire, long, slow, painful 30-minute train ride.

Problem was, he sucked. AND, he couldn't even keep a rhythm - I don't think he could have snapped his fingers to the beat had a gun been pointed to his head. I have new respect for subway muscians, who, while often annoying and loud, at least can hold a tune (especially those mariachi guys, they're my guilty pleasure!). Granted this kid wasn't looking for cash, just a major amount of attention, but please, not at 9 AM on a crowded 6 train.

No comments: