Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's gonna rain on my parade

Well, the parade is out. The Thanksgiving trifecta, me, Jason, and Lisa, were going to venture to 76th and Central Park West to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, per tradition for us New York Oprhans (as I affectionately call us). Last week, all was looking good, weather-wise. 52 and sunny. NICE. Yeah, not so much anymore. It's gonna rain all damn day.

I'm a little broken up, but not overly so. I have seen this parade LIVE 5 times now. And I just won't be able to deal in the freezing rain, with umbrellas. I don't want to lose an eye - I have cooking to do.

So instead, Jason and I will sleep in after our Thanksgiving Eve drinking night out, and perhaps watch some of the parade on the couch in our PJs with some caffeine, to gear up for the day of drinking, movie-watching, and all around gluttony that awaits us at our gracious host Lisa's apartment.

I am so very excited. Especially for the holiday movies. And did I mention the drinking?

Happy Turkey to all!

1 comment:

The Kopelmans said...

Happy drinking, eating, movie-watching, and more drinking and eating!