Friday, November 17, 2006

Rivalry Rages On

A good piece on NPR this morning about the clash of the Titans this weekend.

Also, my mom informs me she had the joy of listening to OSU fight songs all morning on our local radio station (my parents are, unfortunately, transplanted Michiganders living in Ohio - unfortunately for sports and political reasons). I mean, come on! Their fight songs aren't even that good. And they totally stole "Louie, Louie" as their "theme song."

And pathetically enough, dotting the "i" is the most orgasmic moment an OSU tuba player can have in his life. I mean, after that, your life is done. Lame!

POSTSCRIPT: I realized my mistake last week in claiming "Louie Louie" was the theme song. I stand corrected, as my sis-in-law Sarah pointed out, it's "Hang on Sloopy." Then they do that "O-HI-O" thing after the refrain. Similar to "Cherry Cherry" and the LetsGetDrunkblahblah chant.

3 comments:

The Kopelmans said...

My old h.s. BFF's older brother was a tuba player at OSU who dotted the "i" once! You know I root for the blue, but I did feel pretty cool going to the band's "i dot" party that night. What did I know, I was 16?

Heather said...

We've all done crazy things at 16. But Becky, going to an OSU party at 16? That's like taking your life into your own hands! :-)

Anonymous said...

Actually Heather, our song is "Hang on Sloopy", not Louie, Louie. Sound very similar and equally annoying! The only song I enjoy is Carmen Ohio, since I am an alumnus. The rest of the crap is so over played. GO BLUE:)