Sunday, December 31, 2006

So long, 2006

Another year over. Aside from some unforeseen expenses courtesy of my crappy dental insurance and the removal of my one and only wisdom tooth, the year was fairly good and practically uneventful. Some observances:

I saw more friends get married and got to spend some time in the stupendous Pacific Northwest because of it. Two cousins also got hitched. It was my ten-year high school reunion. I saw friends I hadn't seen in a while. I spent some time in northern Michigan, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite places on the planet.

I saw my grandmother surprised on her 80th birthday, and welcome her 4th great-grandchild into the world. I watched my younger brother and his wife buy their first house. I saw my dad become jobless for a few months for the best possible reason - standing up for himself and personal pride. He's my hero. I heard of home improvement stories from my parents in Ohio, and enjoyed them during my 11-day stay over the holidays.

I read 31 books. I watched numerous movies from Netflix. I got hooked on "Veronica Mars." Gray's Anatomy wooed me all over. I drank lots of wine and visited vineyards on Long Island (NY), the Leelenau Peninsula (MI), and Columbia Valley (WA). I found new exercise loves in spinning and pilates. I gained a little weight - and will remedy that in 2007. I chopped my hair off.

I spent time with those who matter - boyfriend, friends, and family. Nothing earth-shattering or really life-changing. But it was a good year. I look forward to ringing in 2007 (that one will be earth-shattering/life-changing) at a good friend's apartment tonight. I'll toast with some bubbly at midnight. And smooch my boy.

And tomorrow, I root for U of M in the Rose Bowl.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

The Kopelmans said...

A fantastic year, Schmeath! Here's to an even better 2007!!!