Saturday, January 21, 2006

Bizarro world

So I find Tooly McTool on the train yesterday - I have to squeeze past his leisurely lean against the middle pole on a 1 train because HE IS WATCHING HIS PORTABLE DVD PLAYER. With the evil rays shooting from my eyes directed at him, you'd at least think his neck would get hot and he'd turn to see who was glaring, but no. He kept right on hogging his space on a RUSH HOUR train and laughing at Seinfeld. Um, buddy, it's not new. You own it. Wait until you get home. Or buy a portable iPod - you can watch movies and stuff on there now too. I wanted someone to bump into him so he'd drop his dumb DVD player. I mean, what is wrong with people?
The other delightful person I saw yesterday was a pregnant woman - about 7 months or so - boarding the bus with a 20 oz Pepsi. Not diet, not caffeine free. Wow, she is all about the fetal health. And we wonder why kids are diagnosed with ADHD. One should really be required to be licensed to give birth - seriously.
Haven't written a rant post in a while, but I figured it was time because there are just so many idiots, especially in NY on public transportation. Also, I never even took the time to bitch about the whole James Frey debacle, so you all saved an ear/eyeful on that one (unless you have actually spoken with me recently, in which case, i'm sorry you were not spared).

2 comments:

cassiesq said...

Adam and I have decided (after numerous long drives home to OH) that another reason that so many kids have ADHD is the fact that almost every single car/suv you pass has a DVD player in it. What happened to playing games in the car with your family?

Anonymous said...

I would bet that the road-trip beatings between brothers and sisters have depleted since this technology boom though ;)