Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The roses really smell like poo-oo-oo


Well, Rockstar is right. Cadbury Mini-Eggs are my absolute favorite holiday candy. And I saw them at CVS yesterday. Oh yes, they will be mine.


On a completely unrelated note, this past weekend, someone in my building (I can basically pinpoint it to the 2nd floor) decided it would be a good idea to Manhattan dumpster-dive for the foulest fish they could find, and then cook it with some stank-ass spices. I seriously thought something had died in my apartment. The day before, I put some fresh poison out for the mousie that thought pooping on my counters was his sole purpose in life, so I went searching under every crevice for a konked mouse. (Related note: said mouse was found stuck to an old glue trap under my stove yesterday. There was no struggle, so I believe the poison got him first, and he was trying to counteract the poison by trying to pry one of the peanuts from the trap. Note to mice: I don't play, I make you go away.)

But I couldn't find anything in my apt. where the stank would be coming from. Then my boyfriend tells me I should open the door to see if it was actually cooking from in the building...for some reason, this thought had not occurred to me. The minute the door opened, the stench flew in like some stank-poltergeist.

We left soon after that, and dryheaved on the 4 flights down until fresh air. The thing that really scares me is that someone ate the stank. That just couldn't have been good. It reminds me of one of my first roommates when I moved to Hoboken, NJ - we called him Magilla, because he was one hairy ape. He used to cook bargain-bin salmon for dinner nightly. Again, nothing better than throwing up in my mouth while trying to leave my own apartment.

There's still a little stank filtering through the hallways, even today. Ick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very rarely that written word would make me laugh out loud (if at all). With that said... "stank-poltergeist" made me shit myself, too! Kudos!

cassiesq said...

Now that we are back in an apartment I feel for your stank-ness. We have some weird Asian cuisine being cooked under us ALL the time! We seriously have to leave the windows cracked. Sometimes it gets so bad if the windows aren't cracked that the cats actually paw at the windows to get us to open them!