Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My new love

My current obsession, on the fantastic recommendation of my friend Lisa, is the TV show Veronica Mars. I'm currently halfway through Season 1 and am utterly hooked. Lisa told me to give it until at least the third episode, but I was enthralled after about 10 mins.

It's like a cooler, hipper version of Nancy Drew, another obsession I had as a kid. I think I read about 100 of the "new" Nancy Drew books between ages 10 and 13.

It's just a well-written, funny, smart, brilliantly woven show about a teenager who happens to be a detective on the sly. But it's got the rich-suburb setting that we all love in our teen dramas these days (see "The OC," "Laguna Beach," etc. But come, on, we know it all started with "90210").

Anyway, highly recommended if you like anything remotely intriguing and sassy, without having to be all Law and Order or CSI gruesome - a little more fun than that.

2 comments:

Flighty Bird said...

Oh My God...I love that show, too! I was hooked the first season...Can you believe the show was almost cancelled after season 1? Viewers wrote into UPN 9 and protested and the show was saved!!! :) Yay! Season 3 premiere last night was amazing!

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm catching up on the blog, and I have to post because we know how much I love V Mars... so original, that Veronica. Yay for Tuesday nights!