Monday, September 11, 2006

Remember

Even five years later, the morning of September 11 is still pretty vivid, especially since I am working in the same office building that I was that morning. Today is similar to then - a beautiful fall day, although a little cloudier, and little cooler.

I remarked a short time ago to my dad that I can't believe that everything that morning transpired in about 2 hours. It was probably the longest two hours, and the longest day, of my life.

As I become increasingly bitter and hostile to New York and what it has become to me, I think back in remembrance of a time when it was the best place to be, and to a time, when, even after we'd been attacked and the island was in shambles, I could imagine being nowhere else. Therefore, I will always consider myself a New Yorker, even though I didn't grow up here, and won't grow old here.

Never forget.

No comments: