Thursday, August 24, 2006

So many freaks, so little time

Wow, this morning's commute was a freakshow bonanza! On the train, I noticed a guy with a headband. You read correctly - he was wearing one of those thin plastic headbands that I used to have in every color as a little girl. You could even see the teeth tracks in his hair. To his credit, it was an understated brown. He was a normal enough looking guy, dressed well, nice shoes (such a key component for a man), so it was a bit off-putting and confusing.

There was also some woman sharing the elevator with me wearing absolutely the most absurd sunglasses I have ever seen. They were like giant white octagons, and just silly. She looked like Bootsy Collins.

I might need to go out at lunch - is it a full moon or something? Or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that my entire science education has been based on a lie, with the demotion of Pluto. Poor Pluto - didn't it have enough going against it anyway?

No comments: