Monday, August 21, 2006

Twisty Delight

I love pretzels. LOVE THEM. Like, I could eat them every day, and often do. I've been a pretzel fan since elementary or junior high school, always bringing them in my lunch. In high school, they were my lunch. I just finished a bag of Rold Gold Tiny Twists as an afternoon snack. I have to say that Rold Gold Thins are my favorite, and I will often leave work to walk to the deli on the corner, just to buy the 99 cent bag of Thins. The salt is perfect, the pretzel crisp and crunchy. Just perfect. Substitues will not do. I'm a pretzel snob.

So to my delight this weekend, my boyfriend and I tried a new restaurant in my nighborhood, Wicker Park. Very delish, and am looking forward to going back. When they brought out the bread basket, I was delighted - they had this soft pretzel log in there! And to top it off, mustard butter, with whole mustard seeds! I was obsessed.

I want to try the Rold Gold Thins with homemade mustard butter now. Can you even imagine???? Although, the beauty of pretzels, is the simplicity - I love 'em alone, probably even more. I dare say they are the perfect snack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may want to try the dark chocolate covered pretzels @ Trader Joe's. But be warned - they are highly addictive... I had to hide the bag on myself!

Love,
Funbags

Heather said...

Oh, you are EL DIABLO, Puddy!